Luke is a skilled Commercial lawyer who specialises in franchising and business law. He provides comprehensive advice on a wide variety of legal issues that arise in operating small to medium businesses. Luke places a heavy emphasis on maintaining the franchisor/franchisee relationship; Luke is also an active member of the Queensland Law Society Franchising Law Committee.
An essential part of your team
A business-savvy lawyer can be one of your most valuable investments. Knowing your legal rights and how to best implement them in your business will put you ahead of your competitors.
Luke’s primary practice areas include franchising, leasing and business law. He assists a diverse range of clients who are growing their business or wanting to protect what the have established.
Luke provides cost-effective, plain English and easy to understand legal advice and keeps clients up to date on the most recent developments in the law.
- Acting on business purchases and sales, including franchised businesses.
- Reviewing documentation for franchisees entering into franchise agreements.
- Providing franchisors and franchisees with advice on day-to-day operational issues and regulatory compliance.
- Establishing new franchise systems.
- Drafting franchise agreements, disclosure documents and related documents.
- Updating existing documents to reflect changes in the law and, in particular, to ensure compliance with the Franchising Code of Conduct.
- Acting for franchisors and franchisees in resolving and mediating disputes.